KRFL - a football simulation league
Forums
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
MarkB
Thu Sep 19 2019, 07:43p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

Tampa Bay trades Sam Hubbard and Wayne Gallman to Salem for Jadeveon Clowney and Nyheim Hines.

valenfl
Fri Sep 20 2019, 06:55a.m.
Registered Member #68

Hi guys
I'm not contender this year, so no problem for me, but i think this trade should be REVISED from league. Salem trade DE/OLB Clowney 8 ratings (players that next year can have franchise tag or tender) and RB Hines (85 run, 3.7 avg and 8 ratings catch!!!) rookie 2018, so Salem again can keep him next year, for DE Sam Hubbard 6 ratings rookie 2018 (ok, no have problem with this, like potential Hubbard and low salary) and RB Wayne Gallman 51 run, 1 ratings cathc and more important Salem can't keep him next year!
Sorry but i think at least we need a good draft pick, no agree?
MarkB
Fri Sep 20 2019, 09:03a.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

Clowney is in the final year of his contract, and since he will not have been on my team for three seasons I will NOT be able to Tender or Franchise him. So I will not be able to keep him after this season. Hubbard is a 2019 Rookie and can be signed to a contract next year. As you say, he has a lot of potential and so this is simply a trade of a 13 game rental player for a player with a bright future who is now controlled by his new team.
Salem
Fri Sep 20 2019, 11:20a.m.
Registered Member #25

Salem confirms!

This trade makes a lot of sense for Salem.

As pointed out, Clowney is in the final year of his contract. He will most likely cost somewhere around 7 or 7.5 million to franchise next year. Given that he will probably be rated an 8 again - maybe a 7 or 9, that is pretty fair market for that salary. I am confident I can get an 8 rated player for that money anyway, so its not a big deal losing his tender rights.

I am giving up early on Hines, and he could have a great year, but he seems to have fallen out of favor with the Colts. He would either be released at the end of the year or signed for 1 year. I wouldn't personally sign him for longer.

So, getting a young guy like Hubbard who I can sign for 3 or 4 years at his salary makes sense to me.

Now, I have brought this up every year for the past few years - there is ZERO incentive for Salem to win games this year. I try to win every single game I play, but trading away Clowney will make my team worse - which in turn means I will lose more games - which means I will have a higher draft pick! In that regard, getting rid of Clowney HELPS my team. The more games I lose, the better. I wish that wasn't the case. I have proposed multiple rule changes that would incentive a team like myself to not sell off all my good players in the last year of their contract. Those proposals haven't gone anywhere.

So...here we are. The absolute best thing for Salem is to trade Clowney, get something for him, and make my team worse I won't win as many games. Easy choice.
MarkB
Tue Sep 24 2019, 09:01p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

Processed

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF