Wed Feb 12 2020, 12:10p.m.
Registered Member #100

" when the time comes"
Steelers
Wed Feb 12 2020, 12:22p.m.
Registered Member #100

mark wrote ...

My Package:

(Grimps),You don’t own your own draft pick. No additional games.(As a 4-12 team I don’t want to get my head kicked in on the field for a mid round pick)

(Steelers) bad team rescue plan. I like.

I would compromise at 6 week trade deadline.

(CLE) keep rookies an extra year before signing. Which would help teams build through their rookie drafts, which makes rookie picks a bit more valued.

No other changes.

Does the same thing as the above package but differently.

This proposal does not do the same thing as the Steeler package.
It is true the Cleveland proposal does change the method for deternining draft picks but in the Steeler package, the more you win in the loser playoffs, the higher your pick. In the Cleveland package, your draft pick depends on the team you choose.

Again, a comprehensive package addresses the two tier system the present rulebook supports. You are either in the penthouse or the ghetto... Under the Steeler package, you have more freedom and opportunity and a safety net all in the same package.
mark
Wed Feb 12 2020, 12:34p.m.
Registered Member #45

I’ll wait and politic later and agree to disagree.
noodles
Thu Feb 13 2020, 12:41a.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

Here's a modified version of my weighted lottery idea that I posted during the season.
It attempts to incorporate some of Salem's concept of rewarding teams who win more
while also taking into account teams that lose two or more seasons consecutively.

All 12 non-playoff teams are entered into a lottery to determine the draft order for the first
12 picks of the Rookie and Free Agent drafts. The 12 playoff teams are seeded per the current
rules - by order of finish (with tie breakers).

The top six finishing non-playoff teams are each given two tokens.
The bottom six non-playoff teams are each given one token.

Modifier:
Any team with two consecutive losing seasons is given an extra token. Any team with three or more
consecutive losing seasons is given two extra tokens. (A losing season is defined as seven or fewer wins).

A lottery using last year's results would look like this (modified chances of winning
the first pick in parentheses):

Top 6 - each get 2 tokens
ALA (8%)
KUT (8%)
NEW (8%)
TEN - gets 2 additional tokens for three or more consecutive losing seasons (16%)
VAN (8%)
WAR (8%)

Bottom 6 - each get 1 token
BAY - gets 1 additional token for two consecutive losing seasons (8%)
BEN (4%)
DES - gets 2 additional tokens for three or more consecutive losing seasons (12%)
TAM (4%)
BLK (4%)
WSS - gets 2 additional tokens for three or more consecutive losing seasons (12%)

In a thread a few months ago, Jerry had the germ of a thought for a more out of the box solution to this discussion. Maybe he'll weigh in with
a more developed concept. I, for one, am very interested.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF